Thursday, September 25, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to My 25 Percent!
Welcome to My 25 Percent!

WELCOME TO MY 25 PERCENT
Fact: I work 9 hours per day, 45 hours per week.
Fact: There are 24 hours in a day, 168 hours in a week.
Inevitable Conclusion: I spend about 25 percent of my time at work.

This is the story of my 25 percent. It is the story of a young software engineer, who one day found himself working in a large international software company.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I was born in 1977, managed to survive a childhood in the turbulent eighties, and eventually came out quite well (except for an occasional desire to listen to the Pet Shop Boys).
I've been drawing ever since I remember myself. My first drawings as a young child were of Disney characters, but by the time I reached first grade I professionalized in drawing Smurfs. It was at about the same time that I discovered comics, while bumping into publications of Asterix The Gaul in a local magazine. I immediately fell in love with the funny looking Asterix & Obelix, forever busy with hunting boars and bashing Romans. Today I own almost every Asterix book that was ever published, and I still never get tired of reading them over and over again.
I continued to read comics throughout my childhood and adolescence, adding satirical publications such as Mad Magazine to my list. I also had a few tries in creating comics back then, but it was always drawing "for the drawer".
After a 3 year service in the navy, I went on to studying computer sciences. My passion for software is derived from the same sources that fuel my love for art – the joy of creating something out of nothing.
Today, I work as a software engineer in a large software corporation. I draw My 25 Percent whenever I can find the time, mostly on nights and weekends. I am married, and live with my wife and son in a suburb of Tel Aviv.

CONTACT
Feel free to drop me a mail at yourstruly (at) my25percent (dot) com.

COMMISSIONS
Sorry, I don't do commissions for now. It's not that I don't want to. I simply haven't got the time.

WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE?

You can start from the first chapter, go through the archives, or go directly to the latest comic.
You can read more about My 25 Percent, or browse through the FAQ section.
Last but not least, you can join the Facebook group or follow My 25 Percent on Twitter, to get the most recent updates of My 25 Percent.

7 comments:

Anonymous November 10, 2008 at 12:08 AM  

Great comics

Yours Truly November 10, 2008 at 3:02 AM  

Thanks, glad you like it!

Anonymous December 30, 2008 at 11:22 PM  

I read some of your caricatures and they are great. keep doing them.
I hope that one day you will make money of them so you could leave your "CRAP" Company,
or maybe start your own CRAP :)

Thanks,
Tomer.

Yours Truly December 31, 2008 at 12:40 AM  

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed my comics.
CRAP is a fictional company. I personally enjoy my workplace, otherwise why would I continue working there? (Oh right, the financial crisis...) :-)
Seriously, I really enjoy my workplace! Plus, where would I get so many ideas for my strips if not from my actual experience in Hi-tech companies?
Anyway, thanks for stopping by and commenting! Do come back, new chapter will be published soon!

Lazy Pineapple January 27, 2010 at 2:50 AM  

Hey....came to your blog through Blog Engage...Hilarious Cartoons :) I want to follow your blog through Google reader or get email subscription. How do I do that?
Cheers

Yours Truly February 4, 2010 at 1:00 PM  

@Lazy Pineapple, thanks!
You can subscribe by e-mail to get My 25 Percent updates. Simply go to My 25 Percent homepage, and just next to the strip (on the right) there is a box where you can enter your e-mail address and get the comic delivered. You can also subscribe to feeds here.

Juan Carlos Partidas November 13, 2010 at 6:47 PM  

Great start!!!! :)

Bookmark & Share

Live Traffic Feed

Live Traffic Map

About This Blog

This blog contains news and updates regarding the My 25 Percent comic series.
My 25 Percent is a comics series about a young software engineer, who one day found himself working in a large international software corporate.
Check out the FAQ section to learn more about My 25 Percent.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP